Underground Construction Manufacturer
Since 1949 this global company headquartered in North America has specialized in the design and manufacture of underground construction equipment. With a customer base of dealers and distributors worldwide operating within the utility, telephone, and cable television industries, as well as within government and private general contracting, Fortune Magazine named one of its products one of the best American-made products in the world.
The company had implemented SAP Commerce to provide dealers and distributors with a responsive web parts catalog. But enhancements to the platform were needed to improve user experience and utility, as well as system performance. Improving the web server, bettering search capabilities, and optimizing UI store fronts were identified as priorities. Fully integrated with SAP ECC 6.0., ECENTA supported the implementation of four major technical initiatives to meet the project’s objectives, as data requirements were complex and included challenging migration scenarios and models.
HOW ECENTA HELPED
The technical initiatives included a L1 and L2 request management and ticketing system for SAP Service Cloud, a customer portal for SAP Commerce Cloud, a mobile solution, and integration scenarios for deployment. The first phase of work delivered a new interactive parts catalog, access to searchable and downloadable product content, and the ability for end-customers to generate pick lists to forward to a dealer for quoting. During this phase ECENTA also provided the foundation for future commerce capabilities as well as extended integration to SAP ECC and CRM for Sales Orders and Dealer Portal functionality.
- Boosted digital sales with best-in-class, robust ecommerce features
- Streamlined order processing by creating standardized templates
- Reduced service man hours by using auto-generated rule- based customer communications
- Delivered role-based access to content and messages including indexed title search
- Delivered contact functionality enabling the customer to view a dealer profile and make contact via email
- Delivered a web-based customer portal designed to work with ERP systems
- Delivered a request management ticketing system with full, 360-degree views and integration with other systems
- Extended the ECC system to the Web in support of business-to-business requirements
- Delivered SSO and direct login access for dealers and customers, and direct login for personnel
- Delivered interactive parts catalog
- Delivered improved search and navigation
- Delivered functionality to request quote from dealer
- Delivered bookmarks