Back to overview
Manufacturer of Pet and Livestock Medicine
BACKGROUNDA leading manufacturer of medicine and vaccinations for pet and livestock markets, this B2B animal health company has operated for more than 60 years with an ever-increasing global customer base. In addition to medicines and vaccinations the company provides genetic tests, biodevices and a range of services.
CHALLENGEContinued market expansion meant the company needed to utilize the full extent of e-commerce capabilities with SAP Commerce. If customers were enabled to place direct orders,and distributors enabled to place indirect orders, additional e-commerce features were needed. The company’s global e-commerce program meant implementing a solution to serve four new markets, and 13 current ones.
HOW ECENTA HELPEDFollowing a series of multiple releases with features and integrations into the SAP ECC Backend, ECENTA worked to implement enhanced functionality and deliver a global rollout including templates that could be deployed in various markets. Updating standard impex files, optimizing the database setup, and adding enhancements,the project team also established a product hierarchy to enable a seamless user buying experience.New features included product availability-based alerts, easy access to frequently bought products, new promotion pages, and the consolidation of all outbound emails.
- Enabled product availability-based alerts
- Improved user experience with easy access to frequently bought products
- Delivered new promotion pages, datahub enhancements
- Reduced dependencies on the print catalog, phone ordering, and offline processes
- Project team worked with client not only in English but also in Italian, Spanish, Canadian French, and Dutch languages
- Streamlined the support and licensing costs
- Re-factored legacy code to alleviate performance and security concerns
- Consolidated ecommerce to one single platform
- Implemented promotions (with integration to Vistex) and transactions capabilities and product visability features
- Delivered country-specific templates with flexible legal disclaimers for customer and distributor user journeys