Current Customers and Projects, News, What does it mean, Events
Usually, the projects start the new year rather cautiously and only pick up speed after a few weeks. This year we still had the Christmas cookies on our plates when we started with the team to our customers. The year starts promising and we are pleased that some exciting new projects have started, and others have successfully gone live.
We are currently dealing with two issues in particular: on the one hand, our new business practice ECENTA Digital and, on the other hand, the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
In this newsletter a new column appears for the first time: "What does it mean?". Here we would like to briefly shed light on current and less well-known keywords from the CEC environment. We are happy to receive feedback on this.
Projects completed in the past weeks
- Implementation of a hybrid scenario with SAP Hybris Sales Cloud, SAP CRM and SAP ERP
- Prospect Filtering to SAP ERP and ID Mapping between all systems
- Integration with SAP ERP for Sales Order Replication and customer specific pricing
- Customer specific enhancements for automatic creation of sales area
- View on SAP CRM data in SAP Hybris Sales Cloud
Electric Appliances (USA)
- Implementation of an SAP CRM integration into the Genesys Cloud
- Support for Voice and Chat for 1,500 Agents
- Self-Services with complex IVR dialogs with CRM and ERP data (Interactive Voice Response)
- Planned next enhancements: Email for B2C Customers and Expansion into B2B business
- Further rollout of the B2B Webshop based on SAP Hybris Commerce
- After successful go-live in Germany and Austria, the solution is now also in use in Switzerland
- Integration with Navision as ERP system
Intuitive Surgical (USA)
- Manufacturer of medical equipment
- Revision of an SAP CRM Service for customer service implemented in 2010
- Optimization of service processes
- Implementation of a mobile app for the technical field service
Automotive Supplier (USA & Belgium)
- One of the largest manufacturers of automotive and industrial belts and hoses
- Implementation of SAP Hybris Service Cloud to support a global uniform automotive replacement claims process
- Includes an integrated claims database to handle claims registration, confirmation/RMA creation, and resolution/feedback to external customers
- Integration with several Non-SAP backend systems as well as external applications e.g. logistic providers
- Supporting 5 EU languages
- Next phases will be the roll out to Russia and Turkey and support for AR Customers within non-EU countries, additional customer service business processes for the EMEA region, and the global rollout
Buiding Products (USA)
- One of the largest gypsum board manufacturers in the world
- Telephony integration into SAP ERP for order taking
- Development of an UI5 based user interface for customer service
- Extremely high requirements for the order taking process: total time has to be 60 seconds at maximum
- Our result: Completion of order acceptance after 48 seconds including availability check and delivery confirmation
And some other customers who sadly don’t want to be mentioned...
News from the industry & from ECENTA
Our new baby: ECENTA Digital
On March 1st, ECENTA announced the launch of ECENTA Digital. This practice focuses on helping ECENTA clients create meaningful customer experiences that are powered by technology. As part of the announcement, ECENTA also named Bruce Petillo, a former marketing executive at Insight Enterprises, as vice president and general manager of the global ECENTA Digital practice.
"We are very excited about ECENTA Digital and having Bruce lead this practice," said Dr. Thorsten Wewers, ECENTA founder and president. "His experience and leadership will help bring digital marketing, commerce, sales and service strategy to our clients and help enable more integrated strategies with our SAP and SAP Hybris implementations.”
"The digital marketing and commerce landscape continues to evolve, with new technology emerging almost daily," said Petillo. "It's all too easy to get caught up in the wave of technology and the promises of the next big thing. While technology will continue to be a key driver of digital marketing and commerce, it is important to remember that connecting with customers at a human and emotional level is what will help drive meaningful customer experiences."
Prior to joining ECENTA, Petillo was responsible for marketing revenue generation, go-to-market strategies, digital and web marketing, and marketing operations at Insight, a global, Fortune 500 technology reseller and solution provider. During his tenure at Insight, he helped lead the marketing organization from zero to mid nine-digit pipeline and revenue growth nearing a quarter of a billion dollars annually.
“ECENTA Digital enables ECENTA to expand its portfolio of services and bring truly end-to-end solutions to our clients across the globe,” added Amit Venugopal, ECENTA board member.
Data protection on everyone's lips (EU GDPR)
The transitional period for implementing the requirements of the new European basic data protection regulation (EU GDPR) ends on May 25th, 2018. Anyone who has not dealt with the subject so far is already too late.
Companies had two years to implement these new requirements. The topic is primarily not a technological one, but rather an organizational challenge. It is not only necessary to define which data will be stored for how long and for what purpose. The associated processes of data acquisition, processing and, above all, data deletion must also be clearly defined in the organization. Even if this is primarily a task of data protection officers, business and legal departments, the programs and applications used in the company must also support these processes.
SAP has responded to this requirement by providing service and feature packs for many products and by releasing new functions with the latest version updates, which now enable data to be managed in the system in such a way that the above-mentioned processes are supported.
Whether SAP Hybris Sales or Service Cloud, SAP Contact Center, SAP Hybris Commerce, SAP Hybris Marketing or SAP CRM onPremise: All products support data protection by Design. We are happy to help you to use these features!
New online presence with new colors
Since mid-March our new homepage is online. With a new design, new colours and always up to date themes. See for yourself: www.ecenta.com
What does it mean?
Customer Segmentation: Customers are unique, and they want to be treated that way
From the point of view of the customer, it’s simple: customers are only interested in topics relevant to them. Content with context, timeliness, media and device preferences all play a fundamental role. Even disregarding just one of these points can make customers frustrated and dismissive.
Employing a methodical process for localizing and modulating sociodemographic and other relevant customer data is therefore elementary to a company’s success. The more refined the segmentation, the more accurate the target group. The positive side effects are less dispersion loss and a higher level of sales pressure. Investments and efficiency improvements in data driven marketing, sales and PR activities can be analyzed in detail and managed according to ROI, and significantly optimized. Investing in the SAP Marketing Cloud is always worthwhile.
We would be happy to provide a free health check at your company, including documentation of results, to determine the extent to which your dialogue marketing is affected.
SAP Sapphire Now 2018 June, 5th – 7th June, 2018, Orlando (USA)
SAP's largest in-house exhibition will take place again next year in Orlando. Of course, we will be there. SAP is still in the middle of planning the event. We can certainly reveal more in the next newsletter.
SAP Hybris Live: Global Summit 2018 October 10th – 11th, 2018, Barcelona
Like last year, SAP is organizing a global Hybris Summit in Barcelona. Details are not yet known. We will definitely participate and talk about our latest projects and ideas.
DSAG-Jahreskongress October 16th – 18th, 2018, Leipzig
The theme for the DSAG Annual Congress has not yet been determined, however the date and the place have. As always, we are where our customers are. So, we will be back in Leipzig next year with a large booth. We are already preparing innovative demos and new customer references.