A leading manufacturer of medicine and vaccinations for pet and livestock markets, this B2B animal health company has operated for more than 60 years with an ever-increasing global customer base. In addition to medicines and vaccinations the company provides genetic tests, biodevices and a range of services.
Continued market expansion meant the company needed to utilize the full extent of e-commerce capabilities with SAP Commerce. If customers were enabled to place direct orders,and distributors enabled to place indirect orders, additional e-commerce features were needed. The company’s global e-commerce program meant implementing a solution to serve four new markets, and 13 current ones.
HOW ECENTA HELPED
Following a series of multiple releases with features and integrations into the SAP ECC Backend, ECENTA worked to implement enhanced functionality and deliver a global rollout including templates that could be deployed in various markets. Updating standard impex files, optimizing the database setup, and adding enhancements,the project team also established a product hierarchy to enable a seamless user buying experience.New features included product availability-based alerts, easy access to frequently bought products, new promotion pages, and the consolidation of all outbound emails.
- Enabled product availability-based alerts
- Improved user experience with easy access to frequently bought products
- Delivered new promotion pages, datahub enhancements
- Reduced dependencies on the print catalog, phone ordering, and offline processes
- Project team worked with client not only in English but also in Italian, Spanish, Canadian, French, and Dutch languages
- Streamlined the support and licensing costs
- Re-factored legacy code to alleviate performance and security concerns
- Consolidated ecommerce to one single platform
- Implemented promotions (with integration to Vistex) and transactions capabilities and product visability features
- Delivered country-specific templates with flexible legal disclaimers for customer and distributor user journeys