Omnicell is recognized as a leading provider of comprehensive, technologically advanced automation that enables health care facilities to acquire, manage, dispense, and deliver medications and supplies more effectively. Omnicell automation is used from the point of entry into the hospital through the central pharmacy, nursing units, operating room, procedural areas, and patient bedsides – as well as in non-acute care sites. Omnicell is a publicly traded company, symbol OMCL.
Omnicell had a service management solution on Siebel CRM that was implemented in the late nineties. While it served its purpose well for several years, the solution was not upgradeable anymore and was running on hardware and software platforms that were no longer supported. Also, the changing nature of customer service over the years required Omnicell to look for a new solution that provided multi-channel capability, field service mobility, stronger contract management features and better integration with SAP CRM and ERP. The solution would address users’ requirements in various departments, including Customer Service, Technical Support, Field Service, Contracts Management, Reverse Logistics and Management Reporting.
Omnicell evaluated a few vendors for their new Service Management System. In choosing SAP, Omnicell picked the solution which had a broad coverage of their requirements as well standard integration into SAP CRM and ERP. The key capabilities implemented in the solution include:
- Master data integration with SAP ERP and CRM; Customers, Contacts, and Equipment hierarchies; Materials; and Contracts
- Processes for Customer Support and Technical Support with CTI integration to Interactive Intelligence, Service Request Management, integration with self-service portal, ticket escalation, dispatch to the field technician and knowledge base integration (MindTouch)
- Field Service processes with Mobile online and offline, work order management, resource dispatch workflows, parts ordering, truck stock usage and receipt, time and material confirmations, integration to SAP ERP for follow-on processes, including keeping the equipment hierarchy in sync
- Contract management processes and automation involving new contracts, renewal of contracts, tracking contract pipeline using opportunity management, co-termination of contracts and integration to SAP ERP for billing, revenue recognition and pricing
- Reverse Logistics processes to process part orders, track defective returns and pure returns (RMA process) - Custom reporting in C4C and in MS-SQL based on data extracts from C4C
- Data migration to ensure key information from legacy environment continues into the new solution
In a 12-month timeframe, Omnicell successfully migrated from a legacy solution that was in place for 15+ years to a strong new solution in SAP Hybris Cloud for Service, giving them new modern capabilities to help them enhance their customer service experience and increase revenues from their contracts sales process.